[Bell Historians] An Unusual Method of Tuning

Bickerton, Roderic K (SELEX) (UK) roderic.bickerton at CVdZja1xzR8le2Dg-21-_KFUkOWuBtBhimOzniAX9yXT-7Ku1EYiEzMChSLulhnQ6aDJhmDmoaBPynC_ryK_gTcBvWzjQW2l.yahoo.invalid
Mon Feb 26 14:35:40 GMT 2007

Reminds me of a bell I saw on a toy which struck 2 different notes with
two hammers 45 degrees apart. It actually worked surprisingly well
<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=5029388/grpspId=1707285820/m
sgId=11749/stime=1172306182/nc1=3848429/nc2=3848501/nc3=3848542>  .
Tapping a cup in line with the handle or at 45 to it produces 2 notes,
anywhere else a sound a bit like 2 bells clashing.