Various chimes

Carl S Zimmerman csz_stl at EY7c5pdZ9esJYLKhCm7EfKr1bqUaDn3S3FWW5bWMglwM6ufN4pcQJUJ_djssyKEOyqp8Cc6wVqUhrNfy.yahoo.invalid
Thu Jan 4 06:38:14 GMT 2007

Thanks to Peter Rivet, the GCNA Website has a new page about the
Warner 8 at St.James, Calcutta.  Thanks to Wikimapia, there is also
overhead photography available from Google Maps, though I was unable
to find much supporting detail of other kinds.

Thanks to David Cawley and others, I have revised my description of
St.Mark, Dalston to make clear that it is ringable as well as
chimable.  While I never intended to imply that it was unringable,
the remarks made by contributors to this list made me realize that
such an inference could be drawn from the way I originally described
it.  Of course, my focus is on the distinctive chiming aspect of that
installation.

Thanks to Jim Hedgcock, a pair of pages will soon be added for San
Francisco el Grande in Madrid, based on recent work by Francesc Llop
i Bayo.  I admire what Francesc has accomplished on his Website, and
wish I could read Spanish better to appreciate it more.
Unfortunately I have not been able to persuade him that the notes
(pitches) of bells are also important!

CSZ