[Bell Historians] FW: RE: Fred E Dukes International Bell Fund
peter at zxJywpeA09UKz558i-utEC81Ay_hHf-We5qyqfzd06IDH0-bBb3t3RQ59mKNoF8sDr3l8lqTVkOsejUO.yahoo.invalid
Sun Jan 14 14:32:20 GMT 2007
St James Croydon was in St James Road - that's in the area north of West
Croydon railway station and south of the Mayday Hospital so it was fairly
close to the Gillett & Johnston foundry. According to Pevsner it was a
Commissioners' church of 1827-29 designed by Robert Wallace: yellow brick
with thin lancets and a lean tower. The tower had "odd triplet openings".
The chancel of 1881 was added by Charles Henman.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Bell-historians