[Bell Historians] Reader Enquiry

Carl S Zimmerman csz_stl at zbbP8C7YK9b3wKSsQpR3i3sLU-CpFMysNCUwjl4T9xczrwNooakYtg8g_k-EgMp34pUjv0yBh7MitJCZNg.yahoo.invalid
Sat Jul 7 03:41:19 BST 2007

At 14:08 +0100 07/07/05, Robert Lewis wrote:
>One for Alan Blair really - but alas he is not on email.
>
>Any takers please?
>
>RAL
>

>>To: <editor at hZKTtRM6lfv-oAneCZPqYazs4kLSmEZFnIAim-Zcv1TCAxE3lXnIHur0iiLzVMH0p-Baa-p2QENv2gBCxa2km3_CeQ.yahoo.invalid>
>>Subject: Biggest bell in the world?
>>Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 10:11:18 +0100
>>
>>Dear Sir,
>>Would anyone be able to please help me with a simple question. What and
>>where is the biggest bell in the world?
>>   Is it or is it not the World Peace Benn in Kentucky?
>>Many thanks
>  >Dave Dyer

The World Peace Bell (Newport, Kentucky, USA) was the biggest
_swinging_ bell in the world from its casting in 1999 until 2006,
when it was supplanted by a bell which now hangs in Japan.  Refer the
inquirer to the following Webpage:
    http://www.gcna.org/data/Great_Bells.html
from which this and other details can readily be found.

Carl