Dove on Line

Richard Offen richard.offen at LqRkS-wbbuxEx10sUVHeY7w76Nn_VRU-5C7RjLraGxNyyJZdV2mnhaLgnFhzo80kafbHHkQVZxYVA8lUG4xRCA.yahoo.invalid
Thu Jul 19 00:28:50 BST 2007

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Mike Chester" <mike at ...> wrote:

> In anticipation of some Suffolk data that has been promised, the
number
> of towers without details on the Dove p-NBR is now 50.  Rather
> embarrassingly, but no doubt it being a coincidence, the tower in the
> town where The Ringing World is produced is one of these! Can anyone
> provide details of these bells?
>
> Mike

Many have been busy supplying details for the last few rings, but no
one has yet congratulated all concerned in the truly remarkable
achievement in entering so much data.

I have to confess I have a big complaint about Dove on line: it's one
of the biggest time wasters I know!   You go in to look up one piece of
information, half an hour and umpteen towers later, you realise that
you really should be getting on with whatever it was you were meant to
be doing!

Congratulations to everyone who has worked so hard to make this project
a reality, but particularly to John Baldwin for what must now be many
hundreds of hours work on this fantastic database.   Truly remarkable!

Richard