[Bell Historians] Bell Details for Norfolk Towers

Sue Marsden erincaters at boH9Ue9qpPAAMJRD_Ng72scx497b1dKDtgXks1zNsUrHn8MruV9vbTAPcTu4cdx7oAaOtwJ-fRke4X5AN43jYUxQAEs.yahoo.invalid
Thu Jul 19 12:40:09 BST 2007

> > Are Northwold a new ring?    L'Estrange indicates a tenor of 12 cwt
> vv
> > Dove which says 14 cwt.
>
> No - church website says
>
> "Originally there was a peal of six bells made by William Dobson of
> Downham in 1818. Two more bells were added later."

They have been an 8 since at least 1872 as a peal of Kent Major was
rung there. I don't recall any rehang recently - they were fairly
awful last time I rang there.
SEM