T.C. Lewis

Richard Offen richard.offen at rSYwOxvX5mlfusHXH4aXnBylvMoUvQvC-vhoOROIaMILgpobqGhpZR0E_wZpT-YIaq-KijuS_HJ0qprD8cwGoc8LTj3a.yahoo.invalid
Fri Jun 1 00:25:56 BST 2007

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Anne Willis" <zen16073 at ...>
wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is repetition, apologies if it is.
>
> I was looking at the periodical 'Church Bells' yesterday and found
the
> following references to T.C. Lewis:
>
> Vol. XI Advent 1880 - Advent 1881 [December 4th 1880 - 1881]
> p.6 New ring of eight at St Andrew's, Wells Street, London.
Includes
> details of inscriptions [which were in Latin].  Cast by Mr T.C.
Lewis of
> Shepherd's Lane, Brixton.  21 cwt, Eb.
>
> p.23  Letter from 'Tubal Cain' enquiring how many of Mr Lewis'
castings
> failed before he obtained eight maiden bells.
>
> p.59  'Another Tubal Cain' requests details of Lewis' 'doings as a
> bellfounder, knowing him to be clever at organs and architecture'.
(there
> seems to be no answer)
>

> Vol. X  Advent 1881 to Advent 1882 [December 3rd 18881 to December
2nd 1882]

> p.26 	new bells at Fen Ditton by Messrs Lewis & Co of Brixton.
Recast
> 'most successfully' from fire damaged bells, tenor about 11 cwt.
>

> Anne

Thanks Anne.   I'm slowly putting together the material for an
article on Lewis (an organ building hero of mine) and these are some
references I hadn't come across.

Richard