[Bell Historians] St Nicholas, Cork - Bells.

davidhird_uk davidhird_uk at -AD8-ytUSpE6cwY2-DQEkymUhjUYW-tUHt8lPBCaLsIDLqTgm4PQkloXcHNQJ83iPlbMQJK7ViOuQOwTroceWtjQow.yahoo.invalid
Fri Jun 1 09:13:14 BST 2007

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, David Bryant <davidbryant at ...>
wrote:

> Sam:
>
> "Perhaps the Redundant Light Bulb Committee of theCentral Council
should show their worth and rescuethis important ring of bells."

> Out of interest, what has the CC Redundant Bells Committee done in
the last decade?

> David

I was on the CC for 15 years and during that time there were endless
arguments about what the committee did. This was mainly caused by
Jane's report each year which gave very little detail of action. When
asked she often stated that their work was of a confidential nature
and couldn't be discussed. Various members objected to that stating
that you couldn't have a committee that couldn't revela what it was
doing. Both points are valid but I am sure some mechanism could have
been thought out to get round the confidentiality thing. I think it
was something to do with the information the RBC received which was
sometimes in advance of the the church in case being informed. I think
until this is sorted out, the RBC will lack credibility and tends to
be thought of as a resting place for professional committee people
rightly or wrongly.