[Bell Historians] Re: T.C. Lewis

David Cawley dave at hPoY1BuEGEZUNbsbmjRFi_jPQsmbSHpX8NA0zg4ovaEVAwPMdrkVPcJYC8Pkh4LUsSqWMu3Q2iVFpsRB2E5BvoGmm40RbA.yahoo.invalid
Fri Jun 1 13:09:24 BST 2007

Oh, yes please. Thank you, Alan. And if you could post your notes on this bell, it would be most helpful. I had no record of it.

Thanks again

DLC

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Alan Birney
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, June 01, 2007 6:19 AM
  Subject: [Bell Historians] Re: T.C. Lewis

  --- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Richard Offen"
  <richard.offen at ...> wrote:

  > Thanks Anne. I'm slowly putting together the material for an
  > article on Lewis (an organ building hero of mine) and these are some
  > references I hadn't come across.
  >
  > Richard

  I've got some pictures of the single Lewis bell hung for ringing
  at St Nicholas, Whiston, somewhere on CD if they are of any use. From
  memory (without looking at my notes, the bell was just under 40"
  diameter and retained its canons, so it must weight somewhere in the
  region of 10.5-11 cwt. Inspected with Sam Austin, summer of 2005.

  Alan