[Bell Historians] 14th C (?) bell on Ebay

HENRY TAYSOM H.Taysom at Sh1kCbxCESPmHLBWnhPDdz2mlLv5G_EPwZ-jDEpn0JoucON1lJF9UB5XTExn9ZdEPjs437PaIrQEyyWHdYf_.yahoo.invalid
Sat Mar 3 01:19:13 GMT 2007

Looking at the photos of this bell on Ebay it would appear that there is a pronounced bright area on the outside of the sound bow which may suggest this was a clock bell or part of a well used  chiming system. Surely, in spite of apparently being stored for 60 years, someone must know something of its antiquity.
  Henry Taysom

Alan Birney <alanjbirney at zfyUwBPKDLan6LIEZ3M0kZHzTr8ClZSIgeFYsAicIY-FtATbPaIG6mrGaL-UCjxO0I7kSGwGgf3oygsXV5c1f2g.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
          --- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "David Bryant"
<davidbryant at ...> wrote:

> > The description says that is has been looked at by a bell
advisor
> >in the area and dated as 14th C- Should this sort of thing not be
> >preserved within the Diocese rather than on sale on Ebay?
>
> It's obviously long been in private ownership, so the owner is free
to do as
> he wishes with it.
>
> David

Yes, but it is a shame that it could end up abroad, etc.

Alan