Fw: [Bell Historians] Hanley, Staffs.

David Beacham david1.beacham at A5fZuPvd9VKtzLHLHHOx0L5amt5CA7YqFy-HCOLYVdec88JOQuJnsI78k-ZhRuMLqdKclVXvG11_YSGcLL66uw.yahoo.invalid
Mon Mar 12 10:26:46 GMT 2007

I forwarded the info posted by Alan Buswell (the websites with photos) to someone I know from the area (not a ringer) whom I believed might have some inside knowledge of the situation. His reply is below.

DB

David
Oh dear - St John's, Hanley>  How long have you got?  20 years of going from bad to worse. Boxed in behind the new shopping centre, abandonned by its congregation, forsaken by the diocese;  Vicar sacked (literally).  No alternative use in view.  I suspect we are coming to the end of the road as repair will surely be uneconomic after all this time.  I reckon that the bells (which I'd heard were good) and cast iron fittings (windows, parapets) are all that will be salvageable at the end of the day although no moves have been made to make a final decision yet.