[Bell Historians] Re: Stanton St John

Richard Offen richard.offen at Is2531UaDC7Y3Wca54CMPrAwV9oxpadh-T0OB9cQ2Z0jmj10n9_w2-ktAm1wzh24mgoufm-CS2pD-Kn6LqxxH8Vyuug.yahoo.invalid
Tue Mar 13 10:18:01 GMT 2007

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "John Cater" <John at ...> wrote:

> From: "Richard Offen"
> > So what does this all set out to achieve?   Justification for a
quick
> > grab and then on to the next 'unringable' on the list of 'towers
needed
> > to finish the county'?
>
> So what does your email set out to achieve?  Attempting to justify a
quick
> sideswipe, without knowing the full facts, and then on to the
next 'easy
> target' on the list of 'ringers I disapprove of'?
>
> John Cater

My apologies if I have offended.

I confess old age has made me rather cynical about the justification in
getting many of these towers going again, when they are likely to have
only a limited amount of use.   That having been said, there are always
those towers where such work has galvanized a parish into action to
carry out a full resotration.

I still however wonder why we wish to get more and more bells ringable
when we are hard pushed to man the ones we've already go?

Again, apologies if the last posting was ill considered and offensive.

Richard