[Bell Historians] Watford trebles

David Bryant davidbryant at rSodJy5JvYNK1U6wkQnEgvyT-fFnJAJsXhUIUmUfasqHsqiriNcLvWHqBvQHtfe-ohbuEELtiY5My4MTsvJCjQcb.yahoo.invalid
Wed Mar 21 19:17:10 GMT 2007

"The two trebles have 4.5" raised, flat crowns 7.5" in diameter, on four
solid webs and are hung from tucked up iron stocks."

SO they're flange tops of the standard Gillett type - e.g. Birmingham
Cathedral trebles. They are the same design as those used by Naylor Vickers
on their steel bells. I believe Taylor's have used this design, but their
usual type of flange top has four pillars of either circular or triangular
section.