[Bell Historians] Eastry Sanctus Bell

Dickon Love dickon at BAsd-Rk18Czf0qVc1n8AVlxmI4vqvzdngMzUW2MFjDzj3R1MIt4fJ9eMRoL4E1HM_gSV0ntnt1w.yahoo.invalid
Wed Mar 21 23:02:56 GMT 2007

> 1975-wasn't it around that time that a London Company tuned a
> light eight in Kent into dustbins, that had to be replaced by a
> fine Taylor eight in the 1990's?
>
> Alan

Now don't get me started...

> Ha ha!

:) ... ie the rest TIC ...

> Quite true. In fairness, they [Tunstall] were a very uninspiring eight
before
> tuning commenced

Uninspiring possibly...

> and were even worse after!

Offensive to listen too ... possibly (I have the digitised recordings).

> Eastry were never a well tuned five and sounded even worse after the
> old, cracked fourth was replaced!

Fives are supposed to sound awful. That said, I never rang (or have
never rung) on them. They are on my list...

DrL