Steel kingpost frame

David Bryant davidbryant at qUdiECbE9fU5dy39H9I9_JvxkphhB_jikDQM5Nd3Mos4UyRYYZQbpFjVJ6Ei4MMKeH0JkKZxG7lFZrnksJ0FStxv.yahoo.invalid
Fri Mar 23 21:21:59 GMT 2007

Mr Birney and I have been out bell spotting in East Yorkshire this
afternoon. One of the towers visited was Catwick, where there are two
pre-reformation bells hung for ringing in a modern frame and with modern
fittings by Taylor's - 1930s if I remember correctly from a previous
discussion, but I don’t seem to have a note of the exact year.

Anyway, the frame is rather unusual. It is all of steel, being composed of
channel, angle and RSJ sections, and is of kingposted design - I have never
seen this in a metal frame before (G&J occasionally used steel queenposts,
as at Carisbrooke). Has anyone else ever come across frames of this design,
or is it unique?

I attach a photo.