[Bell Historians] A bell frame problem

Andrew Aspland aaspland at 4Wjz5OVODfAMXWBfWA2_DuTRD8aRyQ0I3OI7ehkqIQVfBKL8pFi8QrqCIpapDUWmCRH-doAeLjV6OuHqdw.yahoo.invalid
Tue Mar 27 14:46:16 BST 2007

Is stainless steel suitable - is it as strong as mild
steel?
Sounds to me like the lowest set of beams could be
rolling to and fro as the beams above push and pull.
Rather than try to replace the single bolts how about
some system of anchoring all the intersections of
beams so that the rolling is reduced - possible
anchoring the ends of the lowest beams into the walls.
Resting on corbels does not prevent the rolling!
Andrew