[Bell Historians] St. Breward, Cornwall

Susan & Christopher Dalton dalton.family at kj4RsLEwUZx_Hxt9zxGnEvD1GDtPqqswyjHIoSnsnklrmhii7fKk4ocxvo1-Y6fB2FnrPFtnAlgTXtnV4-QRSbof.yahoo.invalid
Tue May 8 12:54:24 BST 2007

>From: "Andrew Higson" <andrew-higson at mDVuAfRIZoTxvs3WGe2FGEtid_PxWQNxV2fPu9-BHD0w9dw3mAA_Wj_7G-cEnIwSeRn06hqMeQLsefpWroskKHTg5omv-3J7.yahoo.invalid>
>To: <bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com>
>Subject: RE: [Bell Historians] St. Breward, Cornwall
>Date: Fri, May 4, 2007, 8:49 am
>

> JT inspection of 1934 confirms that the tenor IS Warner 1885, treble date
> is given as 1875 though. The bells were subsequently rehung by another
> company (unspecified in correspondence) in 1936 ish.

The info. I have, which derives from a visit in 1968 and from contemporary
issues of RW and Bell News, is as follows.

The (broken) Pennington tenor was replaced by a treble in 1875.
A new tenor was added by Warner in 1885 and the bells were rehung in a new
frame by Stokes.
New frame again by G & J in 1936.
Bells rehung by M & S in 1947:  I mightn't have believed Cannon here but it
is confirmed in a RW in 1948.  Curious.

C D