[Bell Historians] Kilmersdon, Somerset

Susan & Christopher Dalton dalton.family at qdnAv_u1QEydjtOGSy2HoLY0Vrlete7qxtRRKIkF-c5MR3bOhoYPvqXxpeane7MQAkHT3Wh7BrIy2G6ojGU.yahoo.invalid
Fri May 11 12:18:37 BST 2007

>From: "Andrew Higson" <andrew-higson at Bfdq_YYt2WGDlw1u_YN3vGL9DcZIkA-tJ5EBMPDYycEDYVQdHnPLbjMv3Hnyrb7U1hjzfnS2np-D-duq9n0FwVCL-SMJoA.yahoo.invalid>
>To: <bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com>
>Subject: RE: [Bell Historians] Kilmersdon, Somerset
>Date: Fri, May 11, 2007, 9:05 am
>

> I've added the JT info to the Dove entry - Fidler gives the date of the 5th
> as 1703. I've also put in my estimates of the weights.
>
> The bells didn't come to the foundry - they are on L&J timber fittings

Yes.  Similar sort of situation to Chiseldon, Wilts.

> and
> it wasn't deemed necessary to bring them into the works.

I too recorded the date on the 5th as 1705.

> * Taylors rehung the bells in a new cast iron frame on Iroko beams in 1955
> - presumably the bells themselves were not taken away from the church

Correct.

> * I don't have any record of diameters

Nor have I:  2001 visit was somewhat hurried.  George Massey will have them
I am sure.