[Bell Historians] Re: FW: Listed bells, why are they listed?

Richard Offen richard.offen at H9n1Xzw1T_IOM2n2ATR_njojqX316iOf0hJ_eigMpOqxhbU36JGaFRd_W7SpdRIAUVYqR0vQHJWwxaxHP-wdlOIjEGbB.yahoo.invalid
Wed May 16 00:05:49 BST 2007

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, David Bryant <davidbryant at ...>
wrote:

> "Where on earth are we talking about? ...or have I missed something
obvious?"

> Rod didn't say, but basically the question he is asking is why are
bells by these founders and of this date listed - in a sense, the
location is not an important issues.
> David

I disagree.   If the bells are contemporary with the building of the
tower, or some other similar factor, the location could have great
relevance to the reason for listing.

Richard