[Bell Historians] Murphy Bells.

Alan Buswell aaj.buswell at 6fS4nJUIfIo95kxuXFNwFIFBqlg_mp8zZ0YioO8MDV1zIpmU9UXgYvwJ8j4bpvEX47kqrQroHNfZEZolLmodeSFu6cX_.yahoo.invalid
Mon May 21 16:51:50 BST 2007

Dundela, S Marks Church. G&J 1880, Serial No 406,  30 1/2" 6-1-7 recast by Taylors. From their book entitled 'Bells'

AAJB.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: matthewhigby at P_9qENZiVHuSJkauttHyZSJPti-5eS0lkIw1sBFGQa_aaGdNOxpelDqCBJo0Muor8eB5-vZll3qIOw.yahoo.invalid
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, May 21, 2007 2:20 PM
  Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Murphy Bells.

  In a message dated 21/05/2007 14:13:43 GMT Standard Time, george at gadawson.wanadoo.co.uk writes:
    Dundela WERE Murphy recast 1955, frame scrapped 2002/3
  Are you sure? Dukes claims they were Gillett & Bland (2 bells - the tenor & treble of 8).

  Thanks for this info George, but I was wondering if there were any rings still in existance. I am sure somebody told me about a Murphy ring somewhere near Liverpool some years ago.

  Cheers,

  Matthew

  Matthew Higby & Co Ltd,
  Church Bell Engineers.