[Bell Historians] St Nicholas, Cork - Bells.

Alan Birney alanjbirney at 9_GFGpmrGybJSHLDf8JjktPmRP1JNOA8MvcGfND2sy-Eg0_Q5Y01VoL528F_wducdMxU77CO6962CjCEn-wWK1c.yahoo.invalid
Thu May 31 08:52:05 BST 2007

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "macstyle2004"
<macstyle2004 at ...> wrote:

> --- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Bickerton, Roderic K
\(SELEX\) \(UK\)"
> <roderic.bickerton@> wrote:
> >

> > A pity Nafferton is sorted as it sounds as though they will be
available at an economical
> price if a home can be found.
> > ________________________________
>
> A possible home could be Warter Heritage Centre, East Yorkshire as
they have shown a bit
> of interest in a set of bells - but having problems contacting
anyone there at the moment
> as the trustees seem to have vanished!
>
> I will speak to Alan and see if we can get hold of anyone and see
if they are still interested
> in installing a set of bells.
>
> Matthew

       No it is not. The Trustees have now a shortage of available
funds and that is now not going to change for the forseable future.
Though some of the trustees expresed an interest in aquiring St
Minver some 12 months ago, times have changed. I last talked to a
Trustee nearly two weeks ago, and at the last meeting, bells were put
to the bottom of the list of prioroties.

      Also remember that you have aqquired (subject to faculty) a
ring of bells with modern fittings at a bargain price- the cost of
aquiring the eight is going to be more than you have paid for the St
Minver bells including fittings. There is NO chance of them going to
Warter, due to the finances there.

           However, if someone can offer a no risk, interest free
loan for a period of three to five years to purchase the bells, I
will try and talk the Trust into aquiring them at Warter, subject to
a satisfactory structural survey of the tower.

Alan