Big Ben

John David johnedavid at tOaPg6A1ZXtEWDAVmaJIKZBxYbmTR1BtI0RqO4DT-KNNZF3vxUWWPC5vE65msEwf7s0ATj1ESzZ1AJSoNEc.yahoo.invalid
Fri Nov 2 10:17:36 GMT 2007

When this book first came out I asked on the list if there was any truth in the story (which I have seen in print somewhere, and which was one of the reasons I bought the book) that the Warner bell had to be broken up (with the over-weight clock hammer) because it was too big to get up the clock weight shaft. There were no replies - perhaps it was a silly question -  but does anyone have the dimensions of the two bells and the shaft to either confirm this story or leave it not proven?

JOhn David