L&J

George Dawson george at XjcYxI-uB88aO1a4uPVM_aID21DJ0o_G5FeQHmkjvoCXCLL8mtksFZv9g7ah2Vixzi1HZR8h9SwREh1ckTHHY0vAHg.yahoo.invalid
Thu Nov 15 15:04:08 GMT 2007

I have an original L&J general catalogue of c1910. Bells feature on 4 pages
of the172.
They describe themselves as Brewery, Distillery, Dairy, Marine & GENERAL
ENGINEERS.
Manufacturers of Tar and Bitumen Spraying Machinery..
Beer engines appear on page 128, presumably they provided the old Georges
Brewery pubs with them. Has anyone seen one?

George

Just remembered that I have a photocopy of some of the bell section of an
L&J catalogue; the original is in Blaise Castle Museum, Bristol. Round the
edges of the pages are listed other items made by L&J: bottling machines;
bar fittings; drain pipes; Californian dwarf pumps and coffee urns to name
but a few. The next section in the catalogue is apparently garden equipment.

I also have a copy of L&J's bell catalogue (original in Wiltshire Record
Office). At the head and foot of each page are mainly bell related items,
but such things as 'medieval brasses erected to any design' are included.

Anne