Bell Towers & Bell Hanging, an appeal to Architects

George Dawson george at lOyM7U3lgnOF7hRYO5Hm1ButuhDGClUD8JqxQ5c5ikk1RH-TMiOE1RDs7SWB-_H47vIG6D2-bFQtzcJLEqHdcWWA1Q.yahoo.invalid
Tue Nov 27 17:31:58 GMT 2007

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=5029388/grpspId=1707285820/msgId
=11982/stime=1175163665/nc1=4438965/nc2=3848445/nc3=3848527>

In 1914 Sir Arthur P Heywood published this definitive work on good practice
in bell hanging. It sets out good practice in the design of modern towers,
bell hanging and clearly shows the errors which uninformed architects and
bell-hangers were using. Even today some of these fallacious ideas are
perpetrated with disastrous results for those left to ring the bells.

The book has long been out of print, and copies are extremely difficult to
find, and to help this situation I have produced a CD has been produced
which has the book scanned as a .pdf file.

  If you are interested in a copy please contact me off-line.

George Dawson