St Paul's buckets

George Dawson george at 2it8ObquALcwa52H3XMey-NJY4GshlAzG3pIlhuMNZUVVJpSe81yZ2MJTuQCxOSHdJT3xrMSy5kk-vbzA2uMgeJrc0TJ.yahoo.invalid
Mon Oct 1 08:56:25 BST 2007

See Jennings 'Master of my Art' p.63-4 for more details of the dispute.
GAD

-----Original Message-----
From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of David Bryant
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2007 8:32 AM
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Bell Historians] Re: St Paul's buckets

"If a mistake was made at St Paul's, it was by Lord Grimthorpe who
designed the ring!"

But he didn't! He wanted Taylor's to cast them on a thick scale, like the
old Worcester ring, but they went ahead and cast them to what we would now
consider to be sensible proportions - with a tenor of 3 tons in Bb. There
was some dispute between Grimthorpe and the Taylors as a result.