[Bell Historians] Rope tricks?

Richard Offen richard.offen at fYGmpm51bATTA-iUeZ5uhW3bsSlb_3i41vDGqN65QgqriLOBKYw_vtKGKBYZSRJEHPci5u81IrqYwhGlydCq7e8.yahoo.invalid
Tue Oct 9 23:56:17 BST 2007

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Bickerton, Roderic K (SELEX)
(UK)" <roderic.bickerton at ...> wrote:

> Now that UK   has lost the art of bell rope manufacture perhaps there
is
> an export opportunity for you good bath water watchers.

I agree.   Our new set of ropes at Swan Bells started falling apart
below the sally within the first year after intallation.   I know our
bells are very heavily used, but we don't alter ropes-ends unless
absolutely necessary, no ropes-end goes through a ceiling boss and they
all fall on apure (Australia!) wool carpet.   We are negotiating with
the manufacturer!