A couple of questions

Mike Chester mike at pxi6JBeDYlmEscA6h1_l6pszZfcHxyZkZKgAD_iyW6R_MbKXkJQehSdjDHA7FwlUQtDtjW1pNYMxeQ5-aKwzfjbfFwg.yahoo.invalid
Sun Oct 21 15:48:16 BST 2007

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Aspland"
<aaspland at ...> wrote:

> I have used my new Bell News DVD (excellent) to look up the
activities of
> the ringers at St Mary's Low Harrogate. However to help me can
anyone tell
> me the date of Whit Monday 1894.  And at that time what would have
been
> considered the age of majority for a man?
> Andrew

Whit Sunday was 13th May, meaning that the Monday was 14th May.

Easter Sunday was very early, 25th March

The age of Majority was 21 until 1/1/1970.  I believe that this was
the case for quite some time prior to this date, (possibly from 1695
when the voting age/minimum age to stand as an MP was fixed at 21+ or
earlier?)

John Camp might be the best arbiter of this!

Mike

Mike