[Bell Historians] St. Mary's Denbigh

Chris Pickford c.j.pickford.t21 at G6gn3qEFXB2uT-MVm7qdIkROXLrpgL6EkMYuymcoOx0WOTLmmsvYKWMzQx_0WTeHA3nzIU4JHEvQprVyWJGc8GgilN7qaQ.yahoo.invalid
Tue Apr 15 01:25:14 BST 2008

Rod Bickerton wrote: " I thought I knew exactly what to expect from a 3/4 Tn 1873 Whitechapel 8. Wrong, they are very good. Is anything known, were they some sort of experiment, tuned by someone different, cast by someone else under contract or what?"

I'm not sure what the aural equivalent of "rose tinted spectacles" is, but I strongly suspect a case of it here. If they are better than expected, it probably has more to do with a favourable acoustic than anything else. But I'm really only mailing to suggest that pursuit, exploration or speculation on the latter points in the above extract would be pointless. They must surely be a standard M&S job of the period

CJP