[Bell Historians] Weymouth Bell

David Bryant davidbryant at 4C-RupYTDqOxhwMMViQq_36H7vNvpBYhvdSrmTOo6yeazBbT6mM8ASvrudkval1W7ZtK7IDmsOL-x58HX0go.yahoo.invalid
Sun Apr 20 18:10:44 BST 2008

“Pictures of this bell now in the picture area of this site.”

It’s certainly a typical product of its founder. The tall, flared crown,
flat top and sprawling inscription are characteristic of many bells by the
Purdues, who were amongst the most talented founders of their era and
spanned several generations. Particularly fine Purdue bells include Queen
Camel tenor (Richard I), the 9th, 11th and bourdon at Exeter Cathedral
(Thomas), the 11th at St Mary Redcliffe (Roger I), plus many others.
Examples of their work is numerous throughout Somerset and Devon, with a
scattering further afield.

Checked by AVG.
11:31

Checked by AVG.