Morriston, St John, West Glamorgan

a40320uk andrwgil at zHt364T1LwI-qZ7LDSzHMWApxd_R9wP75qnpyocTydHdxKl_ziHOjAJPkQZ9dFuuN5FeOuOC.yahoo.invalid
Sat Aug 2 12:44:02 BST 2008

Just doing some more "armchair research" on lost Welsh rings and
wondered if anyone can shed any light on Morriston bells. My initial
searches online have produced nothing apart from 6, 9cwt, sold approx
1968.

Surely there must be a potted history somewhere, if only giving
weights, founder(s), inscriptions and their fate.

It is also possible that there are ringers still alive who rang there,
so first hand accounts would be very welcome.

I know how easily info could have been lost, which is why I wrote the
Llanbradach Book (out of print!) but so far I couldnt fill a page on
Morriston

Andrew Giles