[Bell Historians] RE: dogmersfield

Chris Pickford c.j.pickford.t21 at I3EMHU4sQa-WrHOVHoOa-_1QqrhSkWO0_zmBuCG0s21Z0zA4QODS8Yn8Ba8lFcl3OtESwdNAFg0GWQT8HG1WgdwdU9fjzt0dLYU.yahoo.invalid
Thu Aug 7 13:47:38 BST 2008

Bit of a no brainer this one, Rod. Dove and NBR have actual recorded weights - the Whitechapel report gives approximate weights (don't be misled by the -14 for the second, which is still an approximation). I could be wrong, but that's how I see the figures - and if I'm right, then the Dove NBR details are the right ones.

Unlikely to be any weights for the old bells - the surviving G&J records don;t record such details

CP

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bickerton, Roderic (SELEX GALILEO, UK)
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2008 12:17 PM
  Subject: [Bell Historians] RE: dogmersfield

  Dove and the NBR give
        1 3-2-19 1316.5 E 26.00 " 1924 Gillett & Johnston
        2 4-1-8 1186.5 D 28.00 " 1924 Gillett & Johnston
        3 6-0-0 1049.5 C 31.19 " 1924 Gillett & Johnston

  the Whitechapel report of 24 September gives the weights as
  1, 3-2-0
  2, 4-1-14
  3, 5-3-0, diameter 2' 7 1/8"

  Is there any way of resolving which weights are correct?
  I suspect the difference in tenor diameter is a trivial "typo" in the NBR.

        SELEX Sensors and Airborne Systems Limited
        Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14 3EL
        A company registered in England Wales. Company no. 02426132