[Bell Historians] 16th and 17th century tuning

Bickerton, Roderic (SELEX GALILEO, UK) Roderic.Bickerton at wAO89LL-vo9xvj7vOxNII2Jt9HB7j-22kbuxzusXmrlUxr9GdWPAusn8j5gWYD-8D-qEK23ZU3JrDCWFG681qdwgcHByDf0aSWsHJdw.yahoo.invalid
Mon Aug 18 09:57:43 BST 2008

To state the obvious,
 If that be true for Smithfield then it must be true for other early
rings, now tuned or scrapped, so the evidence of early tuning will be
more to be found in early tuning records than in existent bells.

surely someone has done this research before?

I'm sure they were.

Absolutely positive - I remember Bill Hughes telling me that he tuned
them personally. Not sure why they weren't weighed at the time though.

-----

SELEX Sensors and Airborne Systems Limited
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14 3EL
A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132