[Bell Historians] GSM Cambridge

Andrew Bull a_m_bull at pugmQ-q7ldgRX-bNlR7eDMedphxDpBF7-dE_Mn6SDbLlJ4W9yL3M80rLxgif37PmEMwu7YBn-CElLBQ.yahoo.invalid
Sun Dec 7 21:29:18 GMT 2008

Perhaps you may have answered your own question. Possibly a reduction in
weight, and maybe lowering the bells in the tower, will reduce the tower
movement.

Andrew Bull

  _____

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Ted Steele
Sent: 07 December 2008 16:49
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] GSM Cambridge

A new 12 for Great St. Mary's.

I'm sure this must be good news but I am interested to know what is
considered to be wrong with the present twelve. I remember thinking that
there was a lot of tower movement when I rang there some years back but
apart from that they seemed OK. What have I missed? Is there any plan
for the old bells?

Ted