Widnes, Merseyside, St Paul

jimhedgcock jameshedgcock at ShyJpoSVFVN0Ch-lyCdkWLONrIVtrS_5qbaAkHnjXMyQKFHUAST4U6GodzThPhjdjlzbxr15mKB3HED4JqKQCTlx.yahoo.invalid
Fri Dec 12 23:02:52 GMT 2008

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "David & Mary Kelly"
<keltek at ...> wrote:

> Does anyone have details of the founders, weights and diameters of
the eight bells removed from Widnes in 1983? If so could they please
send them to me.

> Many thanks
> Dave

Years ago Graham Austin and I went to the Vicarage in Widnes seeking
permission to inspect the bells. The Vicar answered the door and was
emphatic that there were no bells in the tower - despite our
protestations and knowledge of them. Then the clock chimed. Not a word
was spoken as the door was closed in our faces.