[Bell Historians] Re: Widnes, St Pauls

manxringer bells at k4TAznYSRQyUMkAGqgkv3iMTxWR7uHR9wGyJCOW6f58RJmHlWWQK56wtdOazQyfG0a9M1Heowo3LwzcLMXQ.yahoo.invalid
Sat Dec 13 10:20:14 GMT 2008

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Sam Austin" <sam0austin at ...>
wrote:

> I believe they are owned by John Wilton and they are to be sold.
>
> Aye
>
> Sam

Sam

Thanks for that.

I was a member of the voluntary labour gang who took the bells out of
Widness in the 1980's. There was a promise that the local bell
restoration group was to re-locate them into another Merseyside church.
Indeed, we moved the bells directly from Widnes to St Paul,
Stoneycroft, for installation into that tower.

If what you say is correct, I feel a bit disapointed that the effort
we put in appear to have gone nowhere, and now the bells appear to
being traded privately. Was permision for the bells to be sold granted
by the local DAC (and did the DAC bells advisor know about the sale?).

As they are being sold, does this indicate another problem for
voluntary bell restoration in the Merseyside area, following on from a
number of exccessivly long delayed and aborted projects?

Ernie
EV