[Bell Historians] Re: CD of Worcester Cathedral Bells

David Bryant davidbryant at LRGIP2HSl1Zc4BR0dyU1D4zv0VcaXi63scjPPQwQE31raSaciS0PR2rNJO45WH22D5qBJVI8H4gSFyD82BJ27uzO.yahoo.invalid
Thu Dec 18 09:07:39 GMT 2008

"Yes I agree with all that you've said but I can't help wondering why it apparently seems that some recently cast rings don't compare altogether favourably with their counterparts from the 20's and 30's ."

Surley a major factor must be the acoustics of the towers having new rings installed. It's become relatively rare for bellfounders to get the opportinity for a complete new ring, and even when that does happen how often do towers with the acoustics of, say, Chewton Mendip come up? Virtually never, I would say.