[Bell Historians] Comparing profiles - Magnus bell frame

Dickon Love dickon at fnY1KR0rtbrwh1rfpBKg9lPP8qVut7DH-daQ-N_vRYxfNSaFe8FofqY7UzPhql2JV-o5elJuCilZoQk.yahoo.invalid
Fri Dec 19 08:37:38 GMT 2008

"The old tenor headstock still in situ: one half of the frame is wood;
the other half is timber.

Could Dickon explain this caption from the ascy magnus site?"

An error made a few days ago, I amended it when I added a host of new
photographs, and then forgot to upload the amended page! This has now
been done and the new photos are ready for viewing (including one of the
scaffolding coming down revealing a rather different looking tower).

Of course, the caption should have read "The old tenor headstock still
in situ: one half of the frame is metal; the other half is metallic." :)

DrL