[Bell Historians] Re: CD of Worcester Cathedral Bells

jimhedgcock jameshedgcock at gOnDdvXD_Hm1GgGyciXhuJn5a5j3Fm4x8F9z3b4NmjRna2yoNf7meN4bCe0CL5MxnjYa2Y-kgpEHcJhshV5gRQuKyhk.yahoo.invalid
Tue Dec 23 15:42:46 GMT 2008

> Many people rather like the sound of the completely original
Grimthorpe bells at St Paul's >

I am open to correction, but I thought that the bell founder disobeyed
instructions to produce the present ring of bells. They are therefore
not as Grimthorpe intended. It will be interesting to see the results
of Sam's poll about people's liking/or not of St. Paul's bells. Give me
modern beautiful bells like York, Worcester, Manchester Town Hall,
South Petherton, New York etc. anytime.
OOPS - hope I haven't started something else!!!!