[Bell Historians] Price of books

Anne Willis zen16073 at gWhmAba4Qg5-EUSJpf7pMufxz8TzhX9gdqMJECDDQb1zWdJ2aqswEwGS2GyU28MAlJGi5_hlOx8.yahoo.invalid
Mon Feb 4 10:53:49 GMT 2008

Ah, those were the days! I bought the 3 parts of Walter's CB Wiltshire for
the original cover price of 16/- (80 pence). My most fortuitous acquisition
was Wright's Monmouthshire (No 5 of 120) with the author's compliments and
thanks for assistance, though the recipient is not named. It was found in a
skip outside a house being cleared on the death of its owner who was not, as
far as I could ascertain, a ringer.

Doubtless we shall hear of other examples of serendipity!

Neil Skelton

I have found that local history books are much cheaper if bought in an area
far removed from the subject.  I've not had any luck with bell books so far,
but Shropshire second hand bookshops have Wiltshire titles at very
reasonable prices, and vice versa.

Anne