Skips

George Dawson george at nPQRLxxXJ7JFphbYVPXo8lfia3VlxPjU7VgqG_LIkZ84zEjK3nxfS99GeuFQ3Aj11Fn8EA8mnaJUPK-J969LxZh_ag.yahoo.invalid
Mon Feb 4 10:58:29 GMT 2008

& my best acquisition from a skip was a very large box of cash register
rolls, just the job for taking rubbings of inscriptions on bells.
George

Ah, those were the days!  I bought the 3 parts of Walter's CB Wiltshire for
the original cover price of 16/- (80 pence). My most fortuitous acquisition
was Wright's Monmouthshire (No 5 of 120) with the author's compliments and
thanks for assistance, though the recipient is not named. It was found in a
skip outside a house being cleared on the death of its owner who was not, as
far as I could ascertain, a ringer.

Doubtless we shall hear of other examples of serendipity!

Neil Skelton