The loss of C D

Ken Webb kenwebb at u7sph47nCT0dG8fsMwAKo98afY9R6ZgIVhDgXNvumNXf_gVJN8CE59HPFQKSZ3-ixOMYueUZPBQvjmnhPmcDgc8YsBRwJtK6oy_5OIg.yahoo.invalid
Tue Feb 5 21:27:36 GMT 2008

Susan Dalton can read his words of appreciation in Part II of Bells &
Belfries of Dorset page xliii - " I am very conscious that "bellringing
widows" suffer little compared with bell historians' wives ......."

The passing of C D is a great loss to so many in addition to his family.
Although aware of some of his closer bell historian friends, I'm not sure
his family are aware of his strong impact on so many people. I only met him
a few times - once on a whirlwind belfry tour locally - he was not well but
was very able, very enthusiastic & much quicker in everything he did than
anyone else! I think CD was driven by a knowing so much but maintaining a
hunger to discover & appreciate more.

C D has left so much for others to appreciate - books, other written word,
photographs etc. So much from one person. So much for others to appreciate.

C D left so many examples of his likes & dislikes.One is below - re books
etc. Every piece of his writing had a great mix of facts & opinions - what a
magical mix.

I delete emails - I don't delete those from C D. Can I suggest that his
words on bell historians are captured for his family & for the future?

I hope all the detailed C D records will be preserved for the future? Not
sure how? I imagine there are many boxes but so much more was stored in his
brain?

Dorset has so much detail. I've always found the info on the whole tower
package to be of interest - not just the bells.

Ken Webb
Hilmarton
Wilts