Clumber Park Bell

davidhird_uk davidhird_uk at PCizRu5GoR2NXr7yXQiHmDfWJnOvauj7cB3OtE9EvlidN8lx-Po1URczrMzOg2UuXFFtaCQnAKJ1YUKxeUu_NZ-B.yahoo.invalid
Tue Feb 12 09:08:45 GMT 2008

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, Ted Steele <ted.steele at ...>
wrote:

> List members may be interested in an item in today's Yorkshire
Post
> concerning the restoration of the bell in the chapel at Clumber
Park,
> Nottinghamshire. It mentions that the bell is to be restored by
> Taylor's, who originally cast it in the 1880s. Apparently it has
usually
> only been chimed and has not been rung at all since 1999. The
Chapel
> Steward is quoted as saying that the bell weighs "One and a half
tonnes"
> and that the "six foot wheel that tolls the bell" is also to be
> repaired. The paper has a good picture of the bell, which appears
to be
> hung for full circle ringing. The same steward says that it will
be good
> to hear the bell "fully tolled" again for the first time in living
> memory; one wonders whether she understands what is involved.
>
> I have scanned the item and picture and could send it by email if
anyone
> is interested.
>
> Ted

The bell is a full circle ringing bell. Peter Hayward rang it
several years ago.