[Bell Historians] More bells?

Sue Marsden erincaters at bZGtQCykfgYEBqYhhgTF7Kqz2VX60Uj2wHWTBnigQ6Glb3pAkgJvUgBGF691GB2u2_LHvoS4_xl-INd5QoeOPE-wdro.yahoo.invalid
Thu Feb 14 18:35:04 GMT 2008

> Ringing needs to regenerate all the time - I'm sure there's a link between new bells creating new ringers. The "it's always been like this and what's the point" argument is so destructive. Everything we take for granted was once new.

> Mark

And even if the local band canot regularly ring all 12, the wider area
will benefit as ringers from the surrounding towers will get the
chance to ring on 12.
And as for mini-rings, it is not just because of complaints that they
are popular. We have very few 8 bell towers near herer which are both
regularly available and easy to ring, so a mini-ring is invaluable.

SEM