Fw: ENGLAND's CHILD by JILL JOHNSTON

David Cawley dave at QdqCu5awkrk355g0jUAAvGYk1OLWJLOVIHac0AJEPZs-WnQuX7t69UeAEyyryNDRrdOt9ahdsQQtvkam9ASzQOW8hIoLlQ.yahoo.invalid
Fri Feb 15 19:56:07 GMT 2008

ENGLAND'S CHILD - THE CARILLON AND THE CASTING OF BIG BELLS, by JILL JOHNSTON.

A line to remind List members that this, the Definitive Biography of Cyril F. Johnston, the distinguished Croydon Bell Founder is now published, copiously illustrated, details below. Mine arrived to-day!

Quite apart from being a splendid read and an authoritative work, complete with footnotes, bibliography and index I would hazard the guess that an English publisher would charge twice the price (= approx £ 21.50 airmail) at which it is being sold and shipped to the UK.

Jill Johnston deserves the List Members' suport and the thanks of the Exercise.

DLC

    ENGLAND's CHILD: The Carillon and the Casting of Big Bells, by Jill Johnston, published by Cadmus Editions, is now available.

    To buy click on link below:

     http://www.jilljohnston.com/

    and on the Jill Johnston home page, click on the right side where it says 'Buy England's Child'

    You will be directed to a PayPal page to fill out.

    Should you prefer to pay by check, please send an email with your mail address and phone # to

    printmeans at suitBZeZFx9xIzS-uKFnotvvzISLAmAY_XNKVg1QWiGO7JD-v57Hb0HdASKrubup7PDW4gjneVS-hg.yahoo.invalid

    The price of the book, including S&H, is $34.95 for USA shipping only

    The price of the book, including S&H, is $42.95 for UK airmail shipping only
     FIRST EDITION is now available--and since the Publisher did a limited printrun, at the advice of people in the know about books with unusual subjects, I am of course hoping we'll sell out QUICKLY! AS far as we have been told, official pub date in the UK is May 2008.