[Bell Historians] Metal prices

David Beacham david1.beacham at nzyiBeIiLhcXl6GPgAn6TuYb04qpQeIV4QlBoiCIWzOT_EwftGm9VmQyLeDaqfSgACbYhapyFJVFEBPBF4VJOfA.yahoo.invalid
Fri Feb 29 09:11:35 GMT 2008

And how about the bell that has been hanging in a tree in the churchyard at.............  (better not say!) for the last 70 years and as far as I know is still there (I hope!)?

DB

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Richard Offen
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2008 11:51 PM
  Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Metal prices

  > I can think of one church where the listed sanctus bell is sitting
  on a window cill in the ground floor ringing room...

  > Chris Povey

  I can think of one relatively remote church in the South-East of
  England where a bell, getting on for half a ton in weight, hangs from a
  single shackle under a little wooden shelter in the churchyard. Why
  this particular bell hasn't been stolen in past has always remained a
  mystery to me. All past attempts to persuade the church authorities
  to put the bell in a more secure position have met with failure!

  Richard