[Bell Historians] Selly Oak

Mike Chester mike at mE3okDuoEGqCgOtnOj16bU0VkPYa7ye3fAoYRj1rfPvpT11xGFhZP-PvWIscJbmmMIvfwWky6zFA8i_LRTzO_R6VXJ-bCUU.yahoo.invalid
Fri Jan 4 15:08:49 GMT 2008

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Higson" <andrew-
higson at ...> wrote:

> Didn't Harborne languish in Staffordshire? I've an idea the county
> boundaries were a bit wiggly around the proto-Brum.

Yes - it became part of Birmingham in 1891.  The boundaries have often
changed and this is my problem, as I only include Birmingham towers
that have been in the county of Warwickshire in my lists. Birmingham is
treated as a separate entity, having had borough status since 1838.

Mike