John H Allen john at
Sun Jan 6 11:25:55 GMT 2008

For those who are interested the relevant Church Legislation is the Care of
Churches Measure 1991 which can be found at:-




The Chancellor, having considered any objections, can decide to issue a
Faculty or if he thinks that the Application should be given a public airing
he will hold a Consistory Court and make a decision based on that hearing.
Consistory Courts are held in public but only those who are parties to or
objectors to have a statutory right to be heard.


An appeal against a Chancellor’s decision to grant a Faculty, with or
without a Consistory Court hearing, is made to the Court of Arches and on
rare occasions a decision of the Court of Arches can be appealed to the
Court of Ecclesiastical Causes Reserved, as was the case some years ago with
the new altar at St. Mary Woolnoth.




No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition. 
Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1210 - Release Date: 05/01/2008
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <>

More information about the Bell-historians mailing list