Chiming / tellers / etc

John Baldwin Dovemaster at mwwtbJhMhm4pXSNV8uIaBZXMOapPYJ4xRtda4_KrpNx-mOw3NrdE1hSnZKpyg5uB4yo1sV05N8WTBTv-ko2qDQ.yahoo.invalid
Tue Jul 22 09:15:11 BST 2008

Thanks to all who have contributed to this one.  I responded initially
to the questioner as follows:

"I have posted your query on the Bell Historians' Chat list in the
hope that you will get a definitive / authoritative answer.  The
problem with bell historians is that they're all self-appointed
experts - but it does provide an opportunity for you to pick the
answer that appeals to you the most (pun intended)!"

I followed that up with yesterday's digest (which went as far as
message #14091) with the accompanying comment

Hi Ellen
  What did I predict? - but you DO have an authoritative answer!
and she has replied:

Thank you so much!  And my thanks to everyone who chimed in, so to
speak...

John Baldwin