[Bell Historians] Towers with ropes out of order.

John Baldwin Dovemaster at 2k7CVfahl3mENRjd3Q6gcA60QrSIsZ4Xuc496v4eEakq-E_ogYsQjBaJy9OV7V_Kzx72s3RGTg2CKdYTJ1Q1.yahoo.invalid
Tue Jul 29 17:23:35 BST 2008

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "RJ Johnston wrote:

> Presumably the bells are ringable even if there are no ropes on them
at present: the difference between fixtures and fittings!

> RON
>
> --On 29 July 2008 15:53 David Pike wrote:
> > I have noticed that the on-line Dove has an update for Stoke
Newington where the ropes are out of order. Are these bells ringable?
Are there any other ringable towers with ropes out of order?

We (ie, the Dove Stewards) have not been informed that the bells are
unringable - we would be showing "unringable" if we had been so
informed (and people are usually quick to inform us about ringability
or otherwise).

David asks about other instances of unusal roping.  We try to use
consistent wording for this sort of characteristic at a tower, thus
a search within Dove on the words "ropes fall in sequence:" (as used
in that particular entry) will produce all such other instances, with
or without such other search constraints as one wishes to impose.

John Baldwin