[Bell Historians] Towers with ropes out of order.

Bickerton, Roderic (SELEX GALILEO, UK) Roderic.Bickerton at jOdAGvFd6pT_JX7sy36FwGD_UsNtDdJejyi3i4rYZ2CjFQTqX-PTYHrhYJHdtuHu7jotWTiptKPPlSKStmAvNM-mCEWSh-5Jv4s.yahoo.invalid
Tue Jul 29 17:28:18 BST 2008

Pray do not extract the Michael.
There were quite a number of towers where the ropes did not fall in
regular order but they are being regularised.
The 2 that immediately come to mind, Quainton and Kirkham RC have both
been rehung normal. Neglecting unringable towers, and towers with less
than 4 bells, I cannot immediately call any to mind.
30 years ago Stoke Newington were in a bad state and chiming hammers
needed unshipping to allow the bells to ring
As the Middlesex web site says:
Stoke Newington, St Mary, Church Street, N16 (6 bells: 7-1-3 in Bb)
TQ329863
All ringing is by arrangement
Tower Contact Stephen Jakeman, 73 Wargrave Avenue, London N15 6TU. 020
8800 9800.
I would expect they have been sorted and are normally ringable.

________________________________

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
[mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of RJ Johnston,
Geographical Sciences
Sent: 29 July 2008 17:00
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Cc: dovemaster
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Towers with ropes out of order.

*** WARNING ***

Presumably the bells are ringable even if there are no roper on them at
present: the difference between fixtures and fittings!

RON

--On 29 July 2008 15:53 +0000 davidpike1 <davidpike1 at j8KU01ZUu80CYVZhQQgPdvNSdMfbYSFZcChO6slCOIL7js9Q9EvmnzG-uh1y-fcG2J5Y8jLS8RFrYHUFfGdp.yahoo.invalid
<mailto:davidpike1%40yahoo.co.uk> > wrote:

> I have noticed that the on-line Dove has an update for Stoke Newington
> where the ropes are out of order. Are these bells ringable? Are there
> any other ringable towers with ropes out of order?

----------------------
Prof Ron Johnston FBA
School of Geographical Sciences
University of Bristol
Bristol BS8 1SS, UK
+44 (0)117 928 9116
R.Johnston at eC5ysJ9mpla00mkhNfA6ei5ZHLMdfUzNxMZ91YLrVmb8MjrpuJ-5OZrxe34su0RBBmVlK7BfYU8_QPC06R-n6Ns.yahoo.invalid <mailto:R.Johnston%40bristol.ac.uk>
http://www.ggy.bris.ac.uk/staff/staff_johnston.html
<http://www.ggy.bris.ac.uk/staff/staff_johnston.html>

_

SELEX Sensors and Airborne Systems Limited
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14 3EL
A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132